To provide additional support to our patients and clients, a variety of support groups are provided in the areas of health and wellness. Groups vary in membership size and length of time that they are offered – to confirm whether a group you are interested in is currently meeting, call 816-753-5144 before attending. Some groups require a screening process prior to admission.
- Adhering to Wellness. Quarterly (November, February, May, and August) educational group that runs from 5–6 p.m. Tuesdays for four weeks. For more information, call 816-777-2723.
- Behavioral Health Therapy and Support Groups.
- Diabetes Support Group. Meets monthly to discuss and answer questions that newly diagnosed patients and family members have about the disease process. Group meetings include time for attendees to share good stories about lessons learned, the Diabetic Nurse Educator volunteer to provide new information and recipes to share. A light dinner is supplied. This is an open group; if you wish to join or if you have questions, call 816-753-5144 and leave a message on the Nurse Help Line.
- HIV Positive Young Adult Groups and Programs. Ages 13-16 and 17-28. Schedule and programs vary throughout the year. Call the Youth Case Manager for confidential information at 816-777-2743.
- Peer Program Monthly Group. Meets fouth Thursday of the month at 5 p.m. Contact 816-777-2723 for more information.
To find out how to take part in these support groups, call 816-753-5144.