- Public Benefits (Medicaid denials or spenddown changes; Disability/SSI denials; Food stamps; TANF)
- Domestic Violence (Custody and visitation issues; Pro Se Divorce Clinic)
- Housing (Landlord grievances; Lockouts; Evictions; Utility Shutoffs; Foreclosures)
- AIDS Legal Assistance (Durable power of attorney; Simple wills; Healthcare directives; Discrimination)
- Consumer Issues (Deceptive business practices; Disputes with creditors; Bankruptcy)
- Immigration Law (Problems gaining legal status; Work permits; Deportation)
- Municipal Court Defense Unit (Representation for jailable offenses in KCMO’s municipal courts)
If you are a current Kansas City CARE Clinic patient who needs help for one of the issues above, please contact Madison Wesselman with Legal Aid of Western Missouri at 816-474-1413 x5229.